We aim to be the friendliest, most inclusive race company around (we know we face some good competition from our friends at other races). We do listen to all you feedback and comments on social media and race check are always discussed and acted on by the team. We’ve put these FAQs together to try and help:
Race Briefs, start times and advice will be on the website a week before the race, we will mail them out but they often go to ‘spam’ or are not received so we advise you to check the webpage of your race.
If you have question then please either find us on Facebook ‘Its Grim up North Chat’ or for more formal comms then mail in [email protected]
RACE NUMBERS & TIMING CHIPS
We don’t post these out. Collect your numbers and chips on the morning of the race.
NUMBER EXCHANGE, WITHDRAWAL, DEFERRALS, REFUNDS, CHANGES ON THE DAY ENTRIES.
- We have hundreds of entrants to manage on race day and whilst we want you all happy things invariably get hectic at Grim HQ, as a result:
- We have always tried our best to support runners with changes and we need your help, you can defer but we need at least 2 weeks’ notice, refunds will not be issued for any reason due to upfront costs already associated with each bookingWe want to try and do everything we can to get you running and so again we ask that where ever possible you also give us one week’s notice if you want to change your booked distance however we will TRY to accommodate some of these changes on race day. Please be aware that anyone changing distance on race day will be excluded from a top three award.
- In addition to the places available on our website there are times where we have a small number of additional places, these can be booked(when available) via email.
RACE BRIEFS AND MAPS
- These will be on the website within a week of the race. We will try and e-mail you (check your junk
mail), they will go on Facebook.
- We have Strava/GPX and generic briefs available for each race, these are available on the website. It
is your responsibility to be aware of the route.
- Routes are liable to change for a variety of reasons, these changes will be briefed on the day
There will be a drop at the start finish, any other arrangements are highlighted above. Bags and property left at your own risk, we will keep an eye on it but can’t promise.
All races times are on our website as a guide, your registration and start time will be confirmed with the race brief which will be on the website and sent in the week prior to the race.
DURING THE RACE
- We hope to start all the races promptly.
- Please inform a race official if you are unable to complete the course and need to withdraw for any reason.
- Please assist officials by making sure your number is visible – we don’t want to send you the wrong way because we can’t see your number. We don’t own the race path on the day please be courteous to other users, smile and try to keep left. The path should easily be wide enough for everyone to use it and we are staggering the starts to prevent congestion.
- There is a 6 hours 30 mins cut off for support on the runs. If you think you will take longer than 6 hours 30 mins then you can arrange to start early but the marshals will stand down assuming a 6 hours 30 mins runner. If you think you may take longer then:
Let us know either at registration or a marshal during the race.
o Carry your own food, water, warm, spare clothing, and charged mobile phone.
- We suggest suitable footwear in the brief.
- We do not want to spoil the enjoyment of the event for the competitors but we do not endorse the use of IPods or similar devices (bone induction headphones can be used) for the following safety reasons:
- Runners cannot always hear the marshals’ instructions.
- Runners may not hear cyclists behind them and stray into their path.
FOUR LEGGED FRIENDS:
Not all our courses are suitable and so we are looking to introduce a dog-friendly status to some of our races. We will limit the numbers of pooches, you will need to advise us before hand and it will first come first served. If in doubt ask.
Please bring your own re-usable cups and/or drink bottles or buy our branded flexi-cup. WE DO NOT CARRY CUPS AT THE FEED STATIONS.
Jugged water will be available at all drinks stations, there is also food on the course. Water will be available approx. every 3 miles and at the start/finish.
Please don’t litter, we run in beautiful locations and it’s always a shame that we have to pick up cups and gel wrappers after every event, have a stern word with yourself.
WEATHER AND CLOTHING
Please keep an eye on the forecast and dress appropriately. We love you and only want the best for you, so, if it’s minus three, snowing and you are dressed in vest and shorts we probably won’t be letting you start. Similarly sun cream is always wise in sunny weather.
Every race has a medal, chocolate and beer/cider in a goody-bag. Notoriously there is also a huge selection of cakes and we try to make sure some of them are gluten free and/or vegan .If you have any allergies please ensure to ask what is suitable for you to eat.
We no longer award trophies for runners ‘placing’, this is to allow us to provide a great selection of rewards for all runners.
We aim to publish the results within 24 hours of the event on our Website
SOCIAL vs E-Mail.
Well, we are a very social little group and we love our Twitter and Facebook, there is also a Facebook chat group (Its Grim Up North Chat) where you can ask questions such as what trainers to wear, what’s the elevation like, any tips, recommendations, all from other runners as well as ourselves or if you just want to chat, we really recommend you use this rather than messaging/emailing in, as most of the time the query can be resolved on there.
At times we get inundated with emails and messages asking the same questions which ties us up and means we can’t deal with things that need dealing with like permits, new race routes and baking cakes and fudge etc.
We really do understand your races are important days to you. We love seeing smiles and watching runners enjoying themselves, that’s why we do it! Please just help us to help you, good or bad then let us know on Facebook, Twitter or Racecheck.